LEGAL ASSISTANT – Commercial Real Estate
We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate team.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in various aspects of commercial real estate law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction, complete administrative tasks related to commercial real estate transactions
- Draft, review and proofread correspondence, documents and forms ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and manage client files
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively
- General administrative duties including scanning, faxing, and binding
- With direction, complete off title due diligence inquiries
- Complete title searches
- With direction, complete documents for real estate and non real estate files
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a commercial real estate practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) and Adobe Acrobat or Kofax
- Working knowledge of Teraview
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer/Unity would be advantageous
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.