Robins Appleby LLP is a downtown mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law; Estate & Succession Planning; Litigation; Real Estate; and Tax. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
Trust Accounting Clerk
We are currently looking for a Trust Accounting Clerk to join our Accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage outgoing wires from trust accounts
- Manage and monitor trust fund receipts and cash disbursements
- Responsible for purchase and redemption of investments
- Prepare monthly trust account reconciliations
- Prepare weekly trust listing for management review
- Responsible for T5 distribution
- Backup for general cash receipts and accounts payable
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- University degree or College diploma in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working with trust accounts in a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and with Adobe
- Experience working with an accounting system, i.e., EQ, Elite, or PC Law
- Prior experience with preparing EFT SD80 files is an asset
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy in work product
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Show good judgment and a strong work ethic.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.