Career Opportunities for Lawyers and Law Clerks
We offer a rewarding, mentor-based work environment, where you will work on complex matters with lawyers from multiple disciplines, senior partners and exceptional associates with the support of our team of law clerks. Whether you’re an associate, seasoned lawyer or law clerk you will be working on challenging matters within your area of expertise from day one.
Corporate Law Clerk
We are currently looking for a Corporate Law Clerk to join our Corporate Services department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist lawyers with corporate transactions, secured financings and tax motivated reorganizations;
- Conduct minute book reviews and provide detailed comments and instructions regarding deficiencies and proposed rectification;
- Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
- Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assist in preparing, drafting and/or revising of a checklist of closing documents using precedents;
- Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
- Draft complex share capital and prepare and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
- Update and manage minute books and corporate database; and
- Work on projects and other duties as required.
- Graduate of a Law Clerk Program with a minimum of 5 years' corporate and transactional work experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Advanced knowledge of CorpLink;
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage;
- Knowledge of legal procedures and have the ability to understand fundamental instructions and take the next steps;
- Takes initiative and has the ability to use good judgment;
- Excellent organizational skills, able to meet competing deadlines and ensure appropriate response times;
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail;
- Dedicated to providing awesome service with the ability to manage multiple internal and external clients and be adaptable to the needs of each; and
- Strong communication skills help to build relationships and provide excellent client service.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.