Secured Lending Transactions
The secured lending lawyers at Robins Appleby know that fulfilling your banking and financing needs in the global economy can be a challenge. You need a law firm that understands the complexity of secured lending and financing in Canadian and cross-border transactions.
Our team finds practical solutions to help you structure a lending transaction, or negotiate governmental, corporate, commercial or project financings. Equally important, we have experience in an entire range of transactions: senior debt, mezzanine debt, convertible debt and various structured forms of preferred equity.
Our clients depend on us to help their businesses grow across Canada and around the world and we do so by providing the following services:
- Cash flow financing
- Business acquisition financing
- Real estate acquisition financing
- Construction financing
- Real estate investment financing
- Subordinated and mezzanine financing
- Asset-backed lending
- Syndicated lending
- Structured finance
- Equipment leasing
We are known for assisting institutional and private lenders, borrowers, and commercial developers and builders in the busy sectors of Business and Transactions and Commercial Real Estate and Development
Our team advises many of Canada’s largest banks, insurance companies and credit unions, U.S. and international financial institutions, and Canadian and foreign borrowers. We are experts in domestic and multi-jurisdictional lending transactions.
Our Secured Lending Lawyers Understand your Needs
At Robins Appleby, our secured lending lawyers are seen as our clients’ trusted advisors. The hallmarks of our secured lending, banking and financing transactions are:
- We work to understand each client’s unique needs and objectives.
- We keep each client’s needs paramount throughout the secured lending, banking or financing transactions.
- We anticipate, identify, and provide solutions for the issues and risks that typically arise in secured lending, banking and financing transactions.
- We create strategies that allocate and mitigate risks in the current economy.
- We know how to balance the competing interests.
- We deliver efficient and workable solutions.
Our Secured Lending Lawyers Work with Clients Like You
The experience of the secured lending lawyers at Robins Appleby in domestic, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financing transactions gives us broad and deep expertise across the financing sector.
Our team advise clients on structuring, documenting and implementing sophisticated financing arrangements customized to reflect the unique goals of each transaction.
On the lender side, our secured lending lawyers work with major Canadian and international commercial banks, institutional investors and other financial institutions. On the borrower side, we work with corporations, private equity groups, sponsors and funds.
Paramount for all secured lending transactions and financing that we help facilitate is our goal, to first understand your objectives and then deliver efficient yet creative solutions throughout the process.
The experience of our secured lending lawyers and financing lawyers is rounded out by expertise in workouts, bankruptcy, asset liquidation and, when necessary, litigation.
Why Us ?
Our clients—foreign and domestic banks, financial institutions, and institutional investors—trust Robins Appleby to structure and implement complex lending transactions smoothly in domestic, cross-border and international markets.
Here are a few reasons that set us apart:
- Strategic advice of a higher calibre. Our clients benefit from the decades of our experience. Our clients rely on our wise and practical advice.
- Deep and broad experience in Commercial Real Estate. Our secured lending lawyers, combined with our Commercial Real Estate lawyers, know Toronto’s bustling real estate market like few others.
- Deep and broad experience in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Business Advisory. Our secured lending lawyers, combined with our Business and Transactions lawyers, know the dynamic market trends in M&A and financing.
- We are cross-border experts. On secured lending and financing transactions, we provide seamless advice across borders, so there are no hiccups. We act for both Canadian and U.S. lenders.
Call or email us now to discuss your secured lending, banking and financing transactions. 2