Jonathan leads our firm’s Business and Transactions group. He helps clients achieve their goals by giving practical legal advice within the context of his client’s circumstances, desired outcomes, and risk tolerance. Jonathan takes the time to understand his clients’ businesses and the people that drive them. He employs his legal expertise, critical thinking, creativity, and experience to design solutions to move his clients down the field and into the end zone.
Jonathan has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, debt financing, private capital markets, and shareholder and partnership arrangements in a Canadian, cross-border, and international context. He is the ideal trusted advisor to private equity firms, business owners, lenders and foreign businesses as he is deeply invested in his clients’ success.
Taking a multi-disciplinary approach, Jonathan tackles the most sophisticated matters with straightforward and innovative solutions by collaborating with his clients’ outside advisors and our firm’s other practice disciplines, particularly in the areas of taxation, real estate, employment, and dispute resolution.
Jonathan loves what he does because of the genuine connection that he makes with his clients and colleagues and his shared sincere concern for their well being.
Outside the office, Jonathan loves to ski with his son, Noah, jump waves with his daughter, Lilly, and dance with his wife, Tracy.
- Community Involvement
- University of Ottawa, J.D. cum laude, 1997
- McGill University, B.A., 1994
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- ACG Toronto
- Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Canadian Franchise Association, Legal and Legislative Committee
- Registered Trade-Mark Agent, Canada
- Past President and director, TanenbaumCHAT
- Former President and current Board of Governors member, Canadian Shaare Zedek Hospital Foundation
- Former director, Governance Chair and Executive Committee member, Associated Hebrew Schools of Toronto