Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers which provides a range of business legal services, with a significant emphasis on real estate and tax, as supported by its litigation and corporate departments. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you. Please forward your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Billings and Collection Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Billings and Collection Clerk to join our Finance Department. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
This position is responsible for accurate and efficient processing of Robins Appleby's Billings and Collections. Assists with general operation of the Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily collections
- Monitor unposted dockets
- Input client collections update reports
- Monthly meetings with lawyers to review A/R
- Post credit card payments
- Post daily firm receipts
- Update interest for overdue accounts
- Set up special rates as requested
- Post accounts and reversals as required
- Prepare and send monthly client statements
- Assist legal assistants with e-billing
- WIP write offs
- A/R write offs
- 3-year experience in legal office accounting department is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite includes, Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Reader X
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in e-billing is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- e-Quinox (“eQ”) experience is an asset
- Familiarity with a DMS systems is an asset
Senior Corporate Law Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Corporate Law Clerk with tax experience to join our Corporate Services department. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
- Attend internal meetings relating to the tax and corporate transactions;
- Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assisting in the preparing of a checklist of closing documents and drafting and revising closing documents using precedents;
- Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
- Assist lawyers with corporate reorganizations including maintaining the closing checklist and drafting share or asset purchase transactions, redemptions, purchases for cancellation, capital dividends, increases and decreases in stated capital;
- Draft complex share capital and prepare and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Helpful to have experience reading certain tax forms, including T2057, T2058 and T2054 and if necessary draft and/or update documents to reflect the contents of such forms;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
- Update and manage minute books and corporate database;
- Work on projects and other duties as required.