Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers which provides a range of business legal services, with a significant emphasis on real estate and tax, as supported by its litigation and corporate departments. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you. Please forward your email to email@example.com
Legal Assistant to join our Tax/Estates team
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Tax/Estates team. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and draft correspondence and documents;
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required;
- Organize, open and maintain client files;
- Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation;
- File preparation and management;
- General administrative duties including entering dockets and processing accounts.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant Diploma program;
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience supporting tax and/or estate lawyers;
- Experience in Estates would be an asset;
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel/Word/Outlook);
- Experience working with a document management system would be an asset
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple priorities with ease;
- Experience processing bills and accounts on a monthly basis; and
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team environment.
Senior Corporate Law Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Corporate Law Clerk with tax experience to join our Corporate Services department. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
- Attend internal meetings relating to the tax and corporate transactions;
- Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assisting in the preparing of a checklist of closing documents and drafting and revising closing documents using precedents;
- Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
- Assist lawyers with corporate reorganizations including maintaining the closing checklist and drafting share or asset purchase transactions, redemptions, purchases for cancellation, capital dividends, increases and decreases in stated capital;
- Draft complex share capital and prepare and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Helpful to have experience reading certain tax forms, including T2057, T2058 and T2054 and if necessary draft and/or update documents to reflect the contents of such forms;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
- Update and manage minute books and corporate database;
- Work on projects and other duties as required.