Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law, Estate & Succession Planning, Litigation, Real Estate, and Tax. For over 70 years, Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your email to email@example.com
LEGAL ASSISTANT – Condominium and Subdivision Team
We are currently looking for Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate team.
Our ideal candidate will provide support to the Condominium and Subdivision team and have experience in various aspects of commercial real estate law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction, complete administrative tasks related to builder sales of units in new condominium projects and subdivision lots
- Process and maintain purchaser deposits including monthly reporting to bonding companies
- Conducting subsearches of title
- With direction, preparation of occupancy and final closing packages
- Draft, review and proofread correspondence, documents and forms ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and manage client files
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively
- General administrative duties including scanning, faxing, and binding
- With direction, complete off title due diligence inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a condominium/subdivision real estate practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Teraview
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer
- Working knowledge of Lawyer Done Deal
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback
COVID-19 considerations: We have implemented a number of protocols and doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
Senior Corporate Law Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Corporate Law Clerk with tax experience to join our Corporate Services department. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
- Attend internal meetings relating to the tax and corporate transactions;
- Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assisting in the preparing of a checklist of closing documents and drafting and revising closing documents using precedents;
- Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
- Assist lawyers with corporate reorganizations including maintaining the closing checklist and drafting share or asset purchase transactions, redemptions, purchases for cancellation, capital dividends, increases and decreases in stated capital;
- Draft complex share capital and prepare and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Helpful to have experience reading certain tax forms, including T2057, T2058 and T2054 and if necessary draft and/or update documents to reflect the contents of such forms;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
- Update and manage minute books and corporate database;
- Work on projects and other duties as required.
Estate Planning and Administration Lawyer
We are seeking an associate with 2 to 5 years of experience to join our expanding and dynamic estate planning and administration group. If you are interested in working on challenging matters with an experienced team of lawyers in a progressive and collegial environment, we have an opportunity for you. The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge and drafting skills, be a team player with the ability to work independently on appropriate matters, be dedicated to providing awesome client service and a desire to develop his or her own client base.
Robins Appleby LLP is a business law firm located in the financial district. Our estate planning and administration group specializes in sophisticated estate planning, estate administration and tax-oriented business solutions for high net worth individuals.
Please send your confidential resume, including references, to HR@robapp.com with "Estate Planning and Administration Lawyer" in the subject line.