Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 27 lawyers which provides a range of business legal services including: Business Law; Estate & Succession Planning; Litigation; Real Estate; and Tax. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
Leasing/Real Estate Assistant
The person in this role must be highly organized and efficient in assisting an experienced partner with his leasing and commercial real estate practice, and one of our real estate clerks with all administrative tasks and preparation of commercial documents as outlined below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support to the lawyer and clerk, completing a variety of administrative and clerical duties, which includes scanning, faxing, binding, copy-typing, opening and closing files, creation of file folders, docketing and other administrative duties.
• With direction, performs administrative tasks related to leasing and commercial/ residential transactions.
• Creates, reviews and proofreads correspondence, reports, memos, forms and other items, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Maintains tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management.
• Prepares chequing and wire documentation and attends at bank to deposit funds and certified cheques.
• Schedules and confirms appointments and meetings, as required.
• Arranges couriers and deliveries ensuring time-sensitive material is managed effectively.
• Creates and maintains files within the real estate/leasing department.
• With guidance, drafting of basic lease documentation on precedent forms and revising as instructed
• Assist with special projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Diploma in legal administration or other office related experience.
• minimum 2 - 4 years’ experience working within the commercial leasing practice area (law firm experience preferred).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities, while respecting tight deadlines.
• Possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills. Able to work with a variety of individuals providing quality service at all times.
• Operates with a high degree of accuracy and has strong attention to detail.
• Takes initiative and possesses well-developed organizational and time management skills.
• A team player, with the ability to build relationships and provide strong client service.
• Proficiency using Teraview and Conveyancer is an asset.
• Possesses good judgment and responds well to constructive feedback.
• Willingness to learn workflow schemes and in-house processes.
Success in this role means:
• The ability to meet tight internal and external deadlines while managing multiple projects and competing with demands for resources.
• Extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
• Being a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative, team based environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Robins Appleby LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If applicants require an accommodation, we will work with them to meet their needs.
Interested candidates should send resumes to HR at email@example.com
ESTATE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION LAWYER
We are seeking an associate with 2 to 5 years of experience to join our dynamic estate planning and administration group. If you are interested in working on challenging matters with an experienced team of lawyers in a progressive and collegial environment, we have an opportunity for you. The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge and drafting skills, be a team player with the ability to work independently on appropriate matters, be dedicated to providing awesome client service and a desire to develop his or her own client base.
Robins Appleby LLP is a business law firm located in the financial district. Our estate
planning and administration group specializes in sophisticated estate planning, estate
administration and tax-oriented business solutions for high net worth individuals.
Please send your confidential resume, including references, to the attention of Raili O'Bom at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Estate Planning and Administration Lawyer" in the subject line.