ACCOUNTING CLERK – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
We are currently looking for a Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable to join our Finance Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage vendor invoices and internal expense reports
- Manage and monitor Daily cheque requisitions and disbursements
- Respond to internal customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solves problems promptly
- Journalize daily disbursement
- Prepare weekly and monthly AP Aging report
- Performs other duties as required.
- University/College degree in Accounting, Business, or similar programs
- Minimum 2 years working experience in accounting function is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) and PDF software (Adobe Acrobat or Kofax)
- Previous experience with accounting software, e.g., Elite, PCLaw, Aderant, EQ would be an asset
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- A self-starter who is able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.