Assistant to Senior Commercial Real Estate Clerk(s)
Description: We currently have a Legal Secretarial Assistant position available for an energetic individual with the ability to produce a high quality work under tight deadlines. This position requires an excellent multi-tasker with strong legal secretarial skills to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have strong client service skills, organizational and practice management abilities along with superior proofreading skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, Outlook and various other applications such as DMS, Conveyancer and Teraview
- Experience with Builder / Condo Sales would be considered an asset
- A team player attitude with excellent communication skills for liaising lawyers, staff and clients
- Ability to work independently with excellent judgment to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Solid understanding of financing transactions including secured loan transactions and an ability and willingness to assist with the closing and preparation of standard form documents is an asset.
- Sound understanding of commercial real estate transactions including purchase and sale transactions and financing
Primary Activities and Representative Tasks:
- Prepare and complete deeds, clearance letters, mortgages and other legal documents from specific instructions and straightforward precedents.
- Compose routine letters and memos from general instructions.
- Compile statistics and information as such as clearance letters & searches and clearance letter summaries, disbursement statements, rolls for multiple property purchases and sales.
- Order searches, subsearches and instruments from conveyancers upon specific instruction by senior clerk(s).Obtains Oncorp and Terraview searches upon instruction.
- Open and distributes mail, maintains files/records in accordance with procedures and screens visitors and incoming calls.
- Handle administrative detail with respect to opening and closing files, billing, etc., as specifically directed by the senior clerk(s).
- Route or answer routine correspondence and initiates follow-up as required.
- Attend to delivery and pick up of cheques and documents upon specific instruction from the senior clerk(s).This may be requested when timing does not permit use of courier because of closing or banking restraints and for large sums of money or sensitive transactions.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Robins Appleby LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If applicants require an accommodation, we will work with them to meet their needs.
Interested candidates should send resumes to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org