We are currently looking for a General Accountant to join our Accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily and Weekly
- Monitor and journalize general bank account activities
- Monitor trust account and contra account balances
- Monitor corporate credit card balances and take action as required
- Prepare assigned balance sheet and overhead reconciliations
- Monitor unposted WIP and unbilled WIP
- Work closely with AP to determine cash outflows and prepare cash forecast
- Reconcile general and trust accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts
- Prepare and file monthly HST, employee health tax, and source deduction payables
- Monitor and maintain prepaids, overhead accruals, leasehold improvements, and fixed assets schedules
- Monitor intercompany transactions
Year-End and More
- Assist with year-end closing through the preparation and compilation of supporting schedules and provide explanation to external auditor
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Back up other accounting functions.
- University degree in accounting studies
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience working in an accounting function at a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe
- Experience working with an accounting system, i.e., EQ, Elite, Aderant or PC Law
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills to help build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy in work product
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Strong personal integrity
- Show good judgment and a strong work ethic.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
Our firm has a mandatory vaccine policy and any offers of employment will be conditional upon the candidate providing our firm with proof of receipt of full COVID-19 vaccinations. In the alternative, our firm will comply with any obligations it has under the Ontario Human Rights Code to consider, and respond to, any candidate’s request from the firm for an exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.