We are currently looking for a General Accountant to join our Accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily and Weekly
- Monitor and journalize general bank account activities
- Monitor trust account and contra account balances
- Monitor corporate credit card balances and take action as required
- Prepare assigned balance sheet and overhead reconciliations
- Monitor unposted WIP and unbilled WIP
- Work closely with AP to determine cash outflows and prepare cash forecast
- Reconcile general and trust accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts
- Prepare and file monthly HST, employee health tax, and source deduction payables
- Monitor and maintain prepaids, overhead accruals, leasehold improvements, and fixed assets schedules
- Monitor intercompany transactions
Year-End and More
- Assist with year-end closing through the preparation and compilation of supporting schedules and provide explanation to external auditor
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Back up other accounting functions.
- University degree in accounting studies
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience working in an accounting function at a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe
- Experience working with an accounting system, i.e., EQ, Elite, Aderant or PC Law
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills to help build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy in work product
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Strong personal integrity
- Show good judgment and a strong work ethic.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.