Robins Appleby LLP is a downtown mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law; Estate & Succession Planning; Litigation; Real Estate; and Tax. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
Human Resources and Administration Assistant
We are currently looking for a Human Resources and Administration Assistant to join our Business Operations team. This position is responsible for providing exceptional administrative support to our Human Resources, Facilities and Operations teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative Support: Maintain updates to Intranet, phone list, assist with insurance renewals, update various office manuals and policies
- Recruitment: Ensure job postings are posted on various job boards, cull resumes, arrange background checks, prepare offer letters
- On-boarding Support: Assist with onboarding experience for new hires, schedule orientation/training sessions, arrange for security passcards, etc., work with IT to arrange systems/software accesses, and ensure new workspace is setup
- Attendance Management: Maintain attendance records and in-office scheduling
- Social Events: Coordinate HR sponsored social events and lunch ‘n’ learns
- Facilities Operations: Assist with coordination of basic facilities issues such as moves, general office repairs and liaising with landlord as required, coordinate furniture purchases and repairs
- Client Events: Ensure all space looks presentable for clients events
- Reception: Provide back-up reception relief
- Miscellaneous: Assist with all other tasks, responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
- Successful completion of diploma/degree in a program related to Business or Human Resources
- Prior experience working in a similar role at a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills to help build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, able to work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.