Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law, Estate & Succession Planning, Litigation, Real Estate, and Tax. For over 70 years, Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
JR. REAL ESTATE LAW CLERK – Condominium and Subdivision Team
We are currently looking for an experienced Jr. Real Estate Law Clerk to join our Real Estate group.
Our ideal candidate will provide support to the Condominium and Subdivision team and have experience in various aspects of commercial real estate law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction, complete administrative tasks related to builder sales of units in new condominium projects and subdivision lots
- Process and maintain purchaser deposits including monthly reporting to bonding companies
- Conducting sub-searches of title
- With direction, preparation of occupancy and final closing packages
- Draft, review and proofread correspondence, documents and forms ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and manage client files
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively
- General administrative duties including scanning, faxing, and binding
- With direction, complete off title due diligence inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Law Clerk Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a condominium/subdivision real estate practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong working knowledge of Lawyer Done Deal
- Working knowledge of Teraview and Conveyancer
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback
COVID-19 considerations: We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.