Robins Appleby LLP is a downtown mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law; Estate & Succession Planning; Litigation; Real Estate; and Tax. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
LEGAL ASSISTANT - CORPORATE
We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Business Law team. This role will support two lawyers in their busy practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in various aspects of business law including, but not limited to: start ups, business formation and operations, corporate finance/reorganization, mergers and acquisitions, and shareholder/partnership agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist lawyers with the management of their practices
- Prepare and draft correspondence and documents
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and maintain client files
- Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation including revisions, editing, formatting, etc.
- File preparation and management
- General administrative duties including entering dockets and processing accounts.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting business law lawyers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Working knowledge of CorpLink would be an asset
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Experience processing monthly bills and accounts
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks which may include a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.