LEGAL ASSISTANT – Condominium and Subdivision Team
We are currently looking for Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate team.
Our ideal candidate will provide support to the Condominium and Subdivision team and have experience in various aspects of commercial real estate law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction, complete administrative tasks related to builder sales of units in new condominium projects and subdivision lots
- Process and maintain purchaser deposits including monthly reporting to bonding companies
- Conducting subsearches of title
- With direction, preparation of occupancy and final closing packages
- Draft, review and proofread correspondence, documents and forms ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and manage client files
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively
- General administrative duties including scanning, faxing, and binding
- With direction, complete off title due diligence inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a condominium/subdivision real estate practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Teraview
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer
- Working knowledge of Lawyer Done Deal
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback
COVID-19 considerations: We have implemented a number of protocols and doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.