Robins Appleby LLP is a mid-sized business law firm with 30 lawyers. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law, Estate & Succession Planning, Litigation, Real Estate, and Tax. For over 70 years, Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and—most importantly—builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
LEGAL ASSISTANT – Tax and Estates
We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Tax and Estates team.
Our ideal candidate will provide practice management support to two lawyers and have experience in various aspects of Tax, Estates and Business law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of correspondence and legal documents relating to areas of taxation, estate planning and business law including corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, as well as complex wills, family trusts and estate administration;
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management;
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required;
- Organize, open and manage client files;
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively;
- General administrative duties including entering dockets and processing accounts; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a Legal Assistant diploma program
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a Tax, Estates and/or Business Law practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Pro/Kofax and DocuSign
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills to help build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback
COVID-19 considerations: We have implemented a number of protocols and are doing what we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our firm members. Temporarily due to COVID-19, work hybrid in-office/at home as required.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to HR@robapp.com.
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.