Senior Corporate Law Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Corporate Law Clerk with tax experience to join our Corporate Services department. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
- Attend internal meetings relating to the tax and corporate transactions;
- Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assisting in the preparing of a checklist of closing documents and drafting and revising closing documents using precedents;
- Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
- Assist lawyers with corporate reorganizations including maintaining the closing checklist and drafting share or asset purchase transactions, redemptions, purchases for cancellation, capital dividends, increases and decreases in stated capital;
- Draft complex share capital and prepare and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Helpful to have experience reading certain tax forms, including T2057, T2058 and T2054 and if necessary draft and/or update documents to reflect the contents of such forms;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
- Update and manage minute books and corporate database;
- Work on projects and other duties as required.