David has extensive experience advising clients on taxation matters in: corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and cross-border transactions. David helps clients with complex matters relating to estate and family business succession planning, including wills, trusts, restructuring estates to minimize tax liability, and dividing business assets among family members and owners in the most tax efficient manner.
David’s friendly nature, exceptional communication skills, and practical business knowledge enable him to simplify complicated issues for his clients in order to guide them through the planning process. In addition to advising his clients on a variety of business and personal tax planning matters, David often represents his clients in their dealings with federal and provincial taxation authorities.
Keeping up-to-date on the latest tax laws and government policies, David works closely with clients to minimize tax and commercial risks while maximizing wealth and helping them achieve their financial and family goals. David’s clients include high net worth individuals, closely held businesses, estates and registered charities. His experience in working with these stakeholders across a broad range of situations and businesses enables David to bring a wide knowledge base and diverse skillset to the table.
Outside of the practice of law, David is actively involved with several charitable organizations and enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys.
- Community Involvement
- Queen’s University, J.D., 1995
- McGill University, B. Comm., 1992
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- North York General Hospital Foundation, Member of the Board of Governors (2013 – 2019)
- Hillel of Greater Toronto, Member of the Board of Directors (2013 – 2015)
- Past member of the Professional Advisory Committee of the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto
- UJA, past chair of Young Lawyers and Accountants Division
- UJA, past chair of Partner Circle