Rick Angelson B.A., LL.B.
- Ontario, 1974
Rick's lengthy career has seen him involved in complex real estate transactions representing builders, developers, and commercial lenders.
These transactions include a myriad of commercial deals such as joint ventures, limited partnerships, apartment building acquisitions, land assemblies, and acquisitions of existing or proposed retail or commercial developments. As an example of one of the many complex deals Rick has been involved in, he represented the franchise owners in the acquisition and development of the Air Canada Centre. The project consisted of a series of land exchanges and complex agreements amongst the City of Toronto, Canada Post Corporation and Marathon Realty Limited, together with negotiations with Air Canada for the acquisition and construction of its office tower as an integrated part of the stadium development. Rick has also acted for the Ottawa Senators in the acquisition and subsequent financing of the sports complex. There is definitely a sports flavour both to Rick's practice and interests.
He has been involved in a number of condominium projects at various times in the GTA, acting for both developers and lenders. On the leasing side, he has acted for a number of major retailers with outlets throughout Ontario, as well as more complex transactions such as negotiating a long-term lease for the construction and development of arena facilities.
Rick's practical advice and experience is sought after by lenders, developers and property owners.
- Awards and Recognition
- Community Involvement
- University of Toronto LL.B 1972
- University of Toronto B.A 1969
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Regularly mentioned in:
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Property Development) and Martindale-Hubbell, BV DistinguishedTM rating
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 (Property Development)
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Distinguished™ rating
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2007 (Property Development)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2006 (Property Development)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2005 (Property Development)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2004 (Property Development)
- Previously coached youth sports including baseball, hockey and basketball. Loves good work, good humour and good sports.
- Rick has also worked with a number of religious organizations. He has acted for The Trustee Board of The Presbyterian Church in Canada, a United Church congregation in a complex agreement with a high-rise condominium developer, and currently represents a Muslim sect in its negotiations to develop a cemetery to accommodate a variety of recognized branches of the Muslim faith.