Lorne provides creative, yet practical, solutions for his clients by combining his extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of tax law, wills, trusts, estate planning, administration of estates, and business arrangements.
His practice is focused on providing tax-oriented solutions to high net worth individuals, multi-generational families, entrepreneurs, estate executors, private businesses and accounting, law, and financial service firms and their clients. Lorne structures and implements Canadian and cross-border business reorganizations, merger and acquisition transactions, family business succession, and personal estate plans. He represents clients in all types of tax disputes with provincial and federal authorities at the audit, appeal, and court stages.
Lorne provides his clients with a level of service and professionalism that is seldom seen these days. Clients appreciate his responsive, personable approach, attention to detail, and his unique understanding of issues from both a tax and business perspective. Dedicated to getting the job done to his clients’ complete satisfaction, he takes the time to establish a close professional relationship with each of them to ensure their overall goals are met.
Lorne’s involvement in the community has been extensive. He is a Board member and member of the Budget and Finance and Governance Committees of the Baycrest Foundation, former Board member and past treasurer of the Maple Downs Golf & Country Club, past President of the Toronto Chapter and former member of the National Board of Canadian Friends of Hebrew University, past Director of CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization), and past Chairman of the Professional Advisory Counsel of the United Jewish Welfare Endowment Fund.
- Awards and Recognition
- Community Involvement
- Osgoode Hall, LL.B., 1978
- University of Toronto, B.Sc., 1975
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Estate Planning Prize, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Ontario
- Real Estate Prize, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Ontario
- Baycrest Foundation, Board Member and Member of Budget & Finance Committee
- Canadian Friends of Hebrew University (Toronto Chapter), Past President
- Canadian Friends of Hebrew University, Past National Board Member
- CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization), Past Director
- Maple Downs Golf & Country Club, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- Professional Advisory Counsel of the United Jewish Welfare Endowment Fund, Past Chairman