Michael specializes in income and commodity tax law, corporate transactions, and estate planning and administration.
With experience and expertise gained during over 30 years of practice, Michael assists his clients and other professionals to resolve complex business and tax issues.
Michael's expertise includes tax planning and implementation related to business associations, reorganizations, acquisitions, and sales. Michael has extensive experience guiding his clients through the tax dispute resolution process, including tax audits, objections, appeals, and voluntary disclosures. Michael also assists his clients with the preparation of their wills, trusts, and business succession plans and advises executors, trustees, and beneficiaries with the administration of estates.
Clients, colleagues, and other professionals rely on Michael for his results-oriented approach that combines practical advice with effective tax planning solutions.
Michael is a director of Reena Foundation. Michael previously served as the Vice-President and Director of Robbins Hebrew Academy and as a Director of Robbins Hebrew Academy Foundation. He has also served as a Trustee of the Pension Plan for Employees of Hebrew Day Schools.
- Community Involvement
- University of Toronto, LL.B., 1988
- McGill University, B.Comm., 1985
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Law Society of Ontario
- Director at Reena Foundation
- Past Trustee of Pension Plan for Employees of Hebrew Day Schools
- Past Secretary and Director at Robbins Hebrew Academy Foundation
- Past Vice-President and Director of Robbins Hebrew Academy