Joey’s practice encompasses a broad range of litigation areas, including commercial disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings, fraud, class actions, and real estate disputes.
Joey has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Appeal, as well as multiple tribunals including the Landlord and Tenant Board and the Social Security Tribunal. Joey takes great pride in his ability to provide practical legal advice to his clients in and out of the courtroom.
Joey is experienced in pursuing remedies on behalf of victims of fraud and has developed expertise in handling urgent, extra-ordinary civil remedies, including Norwich orders (third party disclosure orders) and Mareva injunctions (account and asset freezing orders). These remedies are effective and appropriate to securing effective results in anti-fraud cases before the courts or the Deputy Director of Titles. Joey has utilized his experience to assist victims of fraud identify the wrongdoers, trace and freeze the misappropriated funds, and commence proceedings to recover the losses.
- Community Involvement
- University of Ottawa, J.D., 2017
- University of Western Ontario, B.A., 2014
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Advocates Society
- Volunteer Lawyer, The 519 Legal Clinic
- Legal Mentor, Ryerson's Law Mentor in the Field Program Match
- Legal Mentor, University of Toronto's Out in Law Mentorship Program