Taxes impact every aspect of business, investment and personal decisions. Practical and creative solutions to tax questions depend on an in-depth knowledge of tax law as well as an understanding of how a business operates.
Our tax lawyers offer an unbeatable combination of tax knowledge and business expertise. Because we understand our clients' businesses, we can provide them with a tax strategy and structure that works for them. Our lawyers practice in a sophisticated environment where they are able to draw on their many years of experience in order to respond to clients' needs.
Clients turn to us for all of their business and personal tax needs. These include:
- Tax planning - Our expertise covers all areas of tax law, including corporate, personal and international tax.
- Succession planning - Having over 45 years in providing guidance to families, we are confident that we can structure a succession plan that works.
- Tax compliance and dispute resolution - Our tax lawyers and litigators represent clients throughout all stages of the audit, appeals and court process.
- Commodity tax - We advise and litigate matters concerning the harmonized sales tax (HST) and land transfer tax (LTT).
- International and cross-border transactions - We advise Canadian individuals and companies investing outside of Canada and we advise non-residents investing inside Canada.
- Charities and planned giving - We advise our clients on planned giving including the establishment of charitable organizations, as well as public and private foundations.
- Counsel to other professional advisors - We provide comprehensive tax support to accounting firms, law firms and financial advisors.